This is a sweater I did for Youtube >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r17I-kJqe9w
KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Flat (Bottom-Up) Ankle length Straight Cardigan with No Hem and Moss Stitch front bands
Raglan shoulder with Full length Moderate Taper sleeves with Moss St Band
Round (crew) front neck and Flat back neck with Shaped Hood
Pattern File Name: Snuggle Bug
Size: Standard Baby 10 lbs. for New Born
Date started: 1/22/2010
Acrylic yarn, red heart
Gauge (Stocking Stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 16.0 sts by 24.0 rows.
Body knit by Ultimate Sweater Machine using TD3
Ribbing knit by Ultimate Sweater Machine using TD3
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): ... with Moderate fit.
Top Neck Opening: 4.4
Front Neck Width: 2.2
Sleeve Top: 6.3
Front Neck Depth: 1.8
Sleeve Bottom: 5.1
Sleeve Length: 6.0
Body Length: 22.1
Hem Length: 0.8
Hood Length: 7.0
Hood Depth: 5.5
Front Band Width 0.7
Number of buttons: 14
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping). The pattern may call for more needles than you have on your machine.
NOTE: At most, 44 needles are required to make the body of this garment; but the collar/hood needs 70 needles.
1. Cast on 44 sts in MY, using TD3, Stocking Stitch and closed edge method.
2. Work 108 rows. COR.
3. Armhole shaping. Cast off 2 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. COR.
4. Raglan shaping. Dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 3rd row 6 times, then dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 2nd row 3 times.
5. Total 134 rows with 22 sts remaining for back of neck. Cast off loosely.
FRONT: Cardigan right side worked first.
1. Cast on 22 sts in MY, using TD3, Stocking Stitch and closed edge method.
2. Work 108 rows.
3. Armhole. Dec for armhole at right end, as for back. Continue until 122 rows total, with 16 sts remaining. Then shape neckline as follows, continuing raglan shaping AT THE SAME TIME.
4. Shape neck. COR. Work 1 row. Cast off next 4 sts for neck edge. Continue armhole shaping. Dec 1 st at neck edge (left end) every row 5 times, until 5 sts remain.
5. Work 7 rows even at neckline, continuing shaping at armhole. Total 134 rows. Cast off remaining 2 sts.
6. Left cardigan front. Work as for right side, reversing shapings.
1. Cast on 22 sts in MY, using closed edge method and TD3. Work in moss stitch or hem pattern of choice for 6 rows.
2. RC000. Setup to work in Stocking Stitch.
3. Inc 1 st at each end of every 8th row 3 times to 28 sts (24 rows total).
4. Work even to total 32 rows. COR.
5. Shape cap. Cast off 2 sts at beg of next two rows (24 sts rem). Dec 1 st at each end of every 3rd row twice, then dec 1 st at each end of every 2nd row 9 times. Total 58 rows. COR. Cast off remaining 2 sts loosely.
1. Sew sleeves to fronts and back, along raglan armhole seams.
1. Cast on 70 sts in WY, using TD3 and open edge method. Work 6 rows, ending COR. Change to MY.
2. Folded front band. Work even for 10 rows, with lace holes for drawstring near the ends of row 2 (or row 7 for lace holes on outside of band). To complete the band, graft the cast-on sts to the last row worked. RC 000.
3. Change to TD3 with Stocking Stitchand work 4 rows. Dec 1 st at each end of next row, then every following 3rd row 6 times, until 56 sts remain. Work a further 5 rows even (total 28 rows), excluding front band.
4. Cast off 21 sts at beg of next 2 rows. Work even on remaining 14 sts for 30 rows, total 60 rows, excluding front band. Cast off loosely.
1. Start with left front for girls/women, right front for boys/men. Using TD3 bring out 81 needles to HP. With wrong side of work facing, hang sts (approximately 2 sts for each 3 rows along cardigan front) between bottom of hem and bottom of hood.
2. Work in moss (seed) stitch for 5 rows. Cast off loosely.
3. Mark positions for 14 buttons, the first one 0.3 ins above the band bottom, the last one 0.3 ins below the band top. The rest should be evenly spaced between these two, approximately 1.5 ins apart.
1. Work buttonhole band as for button band, working buttonholes at the marked positions. Check your machine knitting reference book for techniques.
2. Sew buttons at marked positions on the button band, being careful to align buttons with buttonholes.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew back seam(s) of hood. Placing hood bands at center front, sew bottom of hood (including bands) to neckline. Thread a drawstring if required.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
AMOUNT OF YARN REQUIRED TO MAKE GARMENT:
--- WARNING. THIS IS A ROUGH ESTIMATE ONLY. Measure a sample piece for a more accurate calculation.
6.4 for body and sleeves
0.1 for ribbing and/or hems
1.8 for collar/hood (includes cardigan front bands)
8.3 Ounces TOTAL
Pattern designed by: DEMO DEFAULTS
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Demonstration Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd
ph: (250)652-4097 fax: (250)652-5285 web: www.knitware.ca email: firstname.lastname@example.org
donations are accepted thru paypal: email@example.com