KNITWARE SWEATER DESIGN
Flat (Bottom-Up) Hip length Straight Cardigan with Moss St Band and Moss Stitch front bands
Raglan shoulder with Full length Lantern/Straight sleeves with Moss St Band
Flat front neck and Flat back neck with Shaped Hood
Pattern File Name: X
Size: Standard Baby 10 lbs. for *
Date started: 10/25/2010 Finished: *
Red Heart; Off White; 100% Acryrlic;
dry gentle Machine Wash
Gauge (Stocking Stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 16.0 sts by 24.6 rows.
Body knit by Bond/ISM/USM using KP2.5
Ribbing knit by Bond/ISM/USM using KP2
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (ins): ... with Comfortable fit.
Chest: 22.0 Armhole: 9.5 Top Neck Opening: 4.8
Front Neck Width: 0.0
Sleeve Top: 7.5 Front Neck Depth: 0.0
Hem Width: 22.0 Sleeve Bottom: 7.5
Sleeve Length: 6.0
Body Length: 11.8 Hem Length: 0.8 Hood Length: 7.0
Hood Depth: 5.5
Hem Length: 0.8
Front Band Width 0.7 Number of buttons: 8
Note: Read ALL these instructions thoroughly BEFORE starting to knit. There may be sections where there are two shapings to work at the same time (such as necklines or waist shaping). The pattern may call for more needles than you have on your machine.
NOTE: At most, 46 needles are required to make the body of this garment; but the collar/hood needs 61 needles.
1. Cast on 46 sts in MY, using closed edge method and KP2. Work in moss stitch or hem pattern of choice for 6 rows.
2. RC000. Setup to work in Stocking Stitch. Work 38 rows. COR.
3. Armhole shaping. Cast off 2 sts at beginning of next 2 rows. COR.
4. Raglan shaping. Dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 4th row once, then dec 1 st at armhole end(s) of every 3rd row 8 times.
5. Total 68 rows with 24 sts remaining for back of neck. Cast off loosely.
FRONT: Cardigan right side worked first.
1. Cast on 23 sts in MY, using closed edge method and KP2. Work in moss stitch or hem pattern of choice for 6 rows.
2. RC000. Setup to work in Stocking Stitch. Work 38 rows.
3. Armhole. Dec for armhole at right end, as for back. Work to total 68 rows.
4. Front neck. Cast off remaining 12 sts loosely.
5. Left cardigan front. Work as for right side, reversing shapings.
1. Cast on 32 sts in MY, using closed edge method and KP2. Work in moss stitch or hem pattern of choice for 6 rows.
2. RC000. Setup to work in Stocking Stitch.
3. Work even to total 32 rows. COR.
4. Shape cap. Cast off 2 sts at beg of next two rows (28 sts rem). Dec 1 st at each end of every 3rd row twice, then dec 1 st at each end of every 2nd row 11 times. Total 62 rows. COR. Cast off remaining 2 sts loosely.
1. Sew sleeves to fronts and back, along raglan armhole seams.
1. Cast on 61 sts in WY, using KP2 and open edge method. Work 6 rows, ending COR. Change to MY.
2. Folded front band. Work even for 10 rows, with lace holes for drawstring near the ends of row 2 (or row 7 for lace holes on outside of band). To complete the band, graft the cast-on sts to the last row worked. RC 000.
3. Change to KP2.5 with Stocking Stitchand work 6 rows. Dec 1 st at each end of next row, then every following 8th row twice, until 55 sts remain. Work a further 7 rows even (total 30 rows), excluding front band.
4. Cast off 20 sts at beg of next 2 rows. Work even on remaining 15 sts for 30 rows, total 62 rows, excluding front band. Cast off loosely.
1. Start with left front for girls/women, right front for boys/men. Using KP2 bring out 47 needles to HP. With wrong side of work facing, hang sts (approximately 2 sts for each 3 rows along cardigan front) between bottom of hem and bottom of hood.
2. Work in moss (seed) stitch for 5 rows. Cast off loosely.
3. Mark positions for 8 buttons, the first one 0.3 ins above the band bottom, the last one 0.3 ins below the band top. The rest should be evenly spaced between these two, approximately 1.6 ins apart.
1. Work buttonhole band as for button band, working buttonholes at the marked positions. Check your machine knitting reference book for techniques.
2. Sew buttons at marked positions on the button band, being careful to align buttons with buttonholes.
1. Sew sleeve top to armhole, easing to fit. Sew side and sleeve seams. Sew back seam(s) of hood. Placing hood bands at center front, sew bottom of hood (including bands) to neckline. Thread a drawstring if required.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
AMOUNT OF YARN REQUIRED TO MAKE GARMENT:
--- WARNING. THIS IS A ROUGH ESTIMATE ONLY. Measure a sample piece for a more accurate calculation.
4.0 for body and sleeves
0.4 for ribbing and/or hems
1.5 for collar/hood (includes cardigan front bands)
5.9 Ounces TOTAL
Pattern designed by: DEMO DEFAULTS
with KNITWARE DESIGN (Demonstration Version 2.50.2) from Morningdew Consulting Services Ltd
ph: (250)652-4097 fax: (250)652-5285 web: www.knitware.ca email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations accepted at email@example.com, thru PayPal